Sunday, March 9, 2014

CAS Birthday Card

I'm slowly recovering from my fall on the ice about 10 days ago. My sprained foot is much better, but my ankle is still very painful. The orthopedist I saw Friday gave me an ankle brace, and it's feeling better wearing that.

I really haven't had the energy to craft very much since I fell. Just getting through the work day takes up most of my energy. I did make a CAS birthday card for a very special young man who had a birthday party yesterday. 



I used A Muse inks to stamp an older SU balloon stamp onto Neenah paper. The strings from the balloons are actually from the Simon Says Stamp Handwritten Borders set. The sentiment was created with the discontinued Fresh Squeezed Stamps Take a Number set. Mama Elephant's Dainty Bow Creative Cuts die was used to "tie" the balloon strings together. For some added interest, I punched a few stars in coordinating card stock colors and created a cascade of them on the card. I matted the panel on yellow card and added it to a card base. Quick and simple.

Hopefully, I'll get back into crafting mode this week. There are a few challenges I wanted to enter, but I may not be able to. The new Clean & Simple One Layer Cards 3 starts tomorrow at Online Card Classes, and that should jump start my mojo. 

Thanks for visiting and happy crafting!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Pam. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Your CAS birthday card is so cute! I love the golden yellow matting behind the white cardstock. That really pops those colorful balloons and stars even more. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete