Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Easter Pop-Up Box Card

Hello. I hope I'm finally getting my mojo back after my recent fall. Crafting has taken a back seat for a couple weeks, but I think it's time to get back into creating mode and start making Easter cards.

I love the pop-up cards that I first saw on this Splitcoaststampers Tutorial by Dina Kowal. Dina has added dimensions to the original tutorial to make an A2 size card, and I am growing addicted to making these. Here is my first one for Easter using fabulous Cheery Lynn dies and Graphic 45 paper. (Bet that was a surprise!)


I kept this one simple, only adding four die cuts. I used the Lace Egg 5 over a distress painted background, the small Happy and small Easter word dies, and this butterfly. I used pop dots to adhere the egg, and the other dies are adhered to acrylic strips to raise them up. Graphic 45's Sweet Sentiments was used to cover the flaps around the top of the card.

These cards fold flat to an A2 size and pop open to reveal the sweet embellishments inside. Choosing how to embellish these is so much fun. Just think of all the occasions they can be made for - holidays, birthdays, graduations, anything you would want to celebrate. 

I'm also taking the Clean and Simple 3 Online Card Class, so I will be sharing some of what I've leaned from that soon.

Thanks for visiting and happy crafting! 

5 comments:

  1. So cool! I have GOT to try one of these one day. Easter fun Pam. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam...your pop up Easter card is D-A-R-L-I-N-G!! I LOVE it! It's so cute, so Springlike and definitely has that Easter feeling. Love the bright yet pastel colors. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet message! You are so encouraging! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam
    I Love Your Blog !!!!
    This Is Adorable !!!!! Pop Up Card
    Love That Easter Egg
    Leigh-Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment about the vintage pull toy elephant. I'm so glad you liked her. Being a bit "vintage" myself, I could relate to this style of toy. haha <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can I ever thank you for this tutorial.. Get the one you love. The best wholesale kirigami i ever see.. The best Creative Pop Up Cards Company.

    ReplyDelete