Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Graphic 45 Gate-Fold Easter Card

Happy April! Time to get some Easter cards ready. I recently made a gate-fold card using some Graphic 45 paper. Bet that surprises no one.


In this post I shared how I made some eggs from distress paints and a Cheery Lynn egg die. For this card, I die cut the egg in gold metallic paper and adhered it to my distress painted background. I sprayed a doily with Heidi Swapp's gold Color Shine and adhered the egg to the doily after it was dry.

 My card base is Memory Box card stock cut to 5 1/2" by 8 1/2". Each end of the 5 1/2 " side was scored at 2 1/8" to create the gate-fold card.  G45 Sweet Sentiments paper was matted onto a cream paper and those pieces were adhered to the sides of my card. The doily and egg are only adhered to one side of the fold to allow the card to open. Seam binding tied in a bow keeps the card closed.

I really liked how this turned out, especially because it's the first gate-fold card I've ever made. 

Thanks for visiting and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment