Sunday, April 27, 2014

Happy Birthday, Samantha

Hello. I hope you're enjoying your weekend. Today my family celebrated my great-niece's upcoming birthday. Samantha will be 6 on Wednesday. Here's the card I made for her.



The image is from the  My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Birthday Girl stamp set. It was stamped onto Neenah cardstock, and colored with Copic markers. (No, my coloring hasn't improved, but I keep trying.) I paper pieced her dress using a paper from Lawn Fawn's fabulous Let's Polka 6x6 paper pad. I love the patterns in this pad! They are all so bright and cheerful.The pink stripe and yellow heart papers are from the same pad. The pattern papers were adhered to some yellow and black cardstock. 

The birthday girl panel was popped up with foam for dimension. The sentiment was cut into a banner and sponged with yellow ink. I used my clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen to add some shine to her balloon, and yellow and white baker's twine was added for the balloon string. I had to add a few of Lawn Fawn's Hello Sunshine sequins to this card. They just make me happy.   

Samantha had a fabulous party, full of presents, cake and ice cream. Today would also have been my Dad's 81st birthday. He would have loved to share his day today with his great-granddaughter. I wish he could have. 

Thanks for visiting and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment