Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Sending Smiles

Hello, everyone. I hope all of you enjoyed your Easter. I'm on Spring break from school, and loving every minute. Well, not the "I have to clean and do laundry" minutes. but all the rest. I spent one day doing some crafty shopping with a dear friend. We had a great time finding bargains (finally found Gamsol at a local craft store) and laughing all day. Then we spent another day playing. Coloring with our Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol, and trying to decide on our "shoebox" projects for an upcoming Splitcoaststampers get-together next month. Love those kinds of days!

Here's the card I made from the first panel I colored. I used Mama Elephant's Up & Away stamp set and stamped the bunny and balloons onto white cardstock. Then I just scribbled on some color with my Prismacolor pencils and blended with Gamsol. As you can see, my coloring skills are negligible. I push into kindergarten rooms at work, and like to think I can color at that level. LOL  A Uniball white pen was used to add a line to try to highlight the balloons, and a clear Wink of Stella brush pen to add some shimmer.


The panel was die cut with Mama Elephant's very popular Femme Frames die and adhered onto a white card base. I kept it flat so it can be mailed easily. Three Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine mixed sequins were the only embellishments I added. Those Mama Elephant images are just too sweet!


Also, next month the Rubber Stamp and Scrapbooking Show will be in Syracuse. The LSS I design for, Creativ You & Co, will have a booth there, so we're busy creating Make & Takes for that. That's where I'm off to now to start making kits. 

Thanks for visiting and happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment