Sunday, May 11, 2014

Triple Time Mother's Day Card

Hello and Happy Mother's Day! Today I wanted to share another Mother's Day card I made last week. Triple Time cards are quick and easy. Just temporarily mat 3 graduated size pieces of white card stock one on top of the other, and stamp. Then take the 3 pieces apart and adhere to card stock mats, alternating the stamped piece with the mat. I made 3 or 4 of these with different stamps and papers in a short amount of time. Here's my butterfly version in pink.


The stamp I used is from Stampin' Up's Papillon Potpourri. I love those butterflies. I used one of the Hero Arts mid-tone Shadow Inks in Bubble Gum to randomly stamp the butterflies. The card stock I used is from Tim Holtz's Core'dinations Distress Collection in Spun Sugar. The ribbon is Bubble Gum polka dot from A Muse Studio. After all of the pieces were adhered together, my card was affixed to a Neenah card base. The sentiment is from Hero Arts and stamped with Slate Pigment Ink from A Muse Studio.  

Instructions for making triple time cards can be found on this Splitcoaststampers Tutorial. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day. This will be my second Mother's Day without my mom, so if you are lucky enough to still have your mother with you, give her an extra hug. Thanks for visiting and enjoy your day!

5 comments:

  1. A wonderful explosion of pink Pam. The butterflies were a great choice of stamp and I always like to see lots of layering. Pretty! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam. What a pretty, feminine Mother's Day card! I love the pink and white and the butterflies. Very cool how you did your card cover....like little panels. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love my little rusty trike! Just go to flea markets...it's amazing the "junk" you will find! haha Enjoy your weekend! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam. Me again. I just wanted to stop by and say thank you so much for your nice comment. You make me feel so good by saying that you always feel like you learn something when you stop by! THANK YOU for that! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fantastic technique, and I love how your butterflies look telescoped out. It's so soft and feminine, which is just perfect for mother's day. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the matted panels and pretty butterflies, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete