Sunday, November 23, 2014

Hope & Dream Card

Recently, I was asked by a teacher in my building to make a card for a student's parents who just became US citizens.  I decided to make my card using Tim Holtz products.


I found lots of goodies in my Tim stash. Starting with a kraft card base, I added papers from his Seasonal Paper Stash. I distressed the edges of the red background paper with the paper distresser, then ink distressed those edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. Two of the cut-aparts from the paper collection were distressed in the same way and then added to the card with foam for dimension. 

More pieces from Tim's Idea-ology line were added. I used a journaling ticket and two adage tickets. These pieces were also distressed with distress ink and added with foam. One of the mirrored stars was inked with Mushroom Alcohol Ink and then adhered atop the flag cut-apart. I also added one of the word bands to the bottom of the card with some linen ribbon and brads. 

My hope is that these new citizens from India will be able to achieve their hopes and dreams here in the US. 

Thanks for visiting and taking a look at my card. I'd love to know your thoughts.

As always, I hope you find some time to do whatever it is that you love.

                                                              Pam

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! This couldn't be more perfect for the purpose. It screams America. Very nicely done my friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete