Sunday, January 11, 2015

Challenge Yourself Challenge #1 - Same Card, Different Theme

There's a new challenge that I just have to participate in. I have been a long time admirer of Lyn Bernatovich, from Lyn's Paper Petunia. You really must go check out her blog. She is a fabulous designer and you won't be disappointed by her creations. I promise you, she is amazing.

Lyn introduced her new challenge on her blog last week. You can find her post here. We all troll Pinterest for inspiration, and Lyn's challenge is to take a pin she's found and change the theme. This week's pin is a Christmas card and our challenge is to change it into a Valentine's Day card. This is our inspiration piece:


The link to this site is here.

This is Lyn's lovely card:


You can find all the details for her card on her challenge post here.

Now here's my take on the inspiration:


I changed the orientation of my card so that it opens on the side. My banners were made using papers from Basic Grey's True Love 6x6 paper pad, which is now retired. I just love the colors and patterns in this collection, don't you? I used 1.5" tulle from May Arts in white and robin's egg blue to wrap around the panel and tied it in a bow. 

The lovely floral piece is from the Funkie Junkie Boutique. It's a tiny tri-bud Venise lace applique and I thought it went perfectly on my bow. If you haven't visited the Funkie Junkie Boutique, you really should. Linda, the owner, is so sweet and another extremely talented designer. She offers many Tim Holtz & Ranger products, among others, and they are always 20% off MSRP. Fabulous products and excellent service!

The sentiment is an older stamp from My Sentiments Exactly, that I purchased from Hobby Lobby several years ago. 

I can't wait to see what the next challenge is. There's still time to join in. You have until 8pm Wednesday, January 14th, to enter. Have a wonderful week!

                                                          Pam






3 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing Pam!!!! Your card is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your beautiful take on the inspiration card, what a great choice of patterns and colours, but it's the tulle that stole my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely papers indeed. I really like the addition of the pretty tulle and applique piece. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete