Sunday, February 22, 2015

Happy Easter

Yes, I made my first Easter card of the year. I found a new to me sketch challenge,Freshly Made Sketches, that I wanted to play in. I was so taken with DT member Rita Wright's inspiration card found here, that I cased it. (I love all things St. Patrick's Day.) Thanks Rita!


 My white panels were die cut with Mama Elephant's Landscape Trio dies. You know I love my stitched dies. I adhered them to a piece of purple card stock. Before adding the panel to my card base, I added a piece of May Arts ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon. I subscribe to their Monthly Ribbon Club and love the ribbons in every monthly package.. Look at the February selection! Gorgeous!


For the focal piece I used Hero Arts Grape Juice ink on a stamp from my stash. I think it's one that I picked up at Michaels a few years ago for a dollar. The image was then die cut with Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circles. Yes, I have the stitched circles and squares, too. You know I love my stitched dies. (Oh, I alraedy said that, didn't I? That's okay, it's worth repeating.) I used foam squares to adhere the circle to my card. 

Finally I added a cascade of sequins to my card. The yellow flowers are from Lawn Fawn and the gorgeous purle ones I added to the flowers are from Pretty Pink Posh. I adore Paulina and all of her products.

So that's my card for Freshly Made Sketches #174. Here is the sketch photo -


Thanks for visiting. I love reading your sweet comments. You are all very kind. I hope you have a wonderful week. After our mid-winter break last week, we go back to school tomoorow. At least we are supposed to. There are record cold wind chill temps forecast (again!) and at least one local school is already on a 2 hour delay. When, oh when, is spring coming?!?

                                                                Pam




3 comments:

  1. Now that's a cool sketch design! Having that purple strip through the middle of your card is really eye-catching. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card! The colors are so striking together and I love the curved cut out! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet image and it's so perfect with the simple purple strip and ribbon! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete