Monday, March 2, 2015

Happy Birthday

Today I'm sharing another birthday card. Why do I never have enough of these? This one took a couple attempts to wrap my head around putting the negative and positive die cuts together. Of course, once you do it, you wonder what your problem was. At least I did.


The 'happy' die cut is from My Favorite Things Happy Birthday Die-Namics. First I die cut it from white CS  and blue polka dot CS. Then I affixed the positive blue into the negative white spaces and the positive white into the negative blue. I did die cut an extra white word, so I would have something to adhere the blue to. The word 'birthday' was stamped below the die cut.

Next I die cut the panel with Peek a Frame Creative Cuts from Mama Elephant. To add dimension, I adhered fun foam rather than foam tape to the panel, something I've seen Jennifer McGuire (my favorite enabler) do lately. It adds a solid base for the panel to sit on, whereas foam tape can sometimes cause bending in the card, especially if it's being mailed. I then adhered it to a top folding card base.

I would like to enter this card into some challenges:
     
     Uniko Challenge #18 - Birthdays
     ShowCASe Your StyleChallenge #9 - Birthday 
I hope your week is off to a great start. I posted a birthday card today because today is Dr. Seuss's birthday. He would have been 111 years old. School included reading quite a few of his wonderful books and doing fun projects. The cafeteria even served green eggs and ham for the children who have breakfast in school. You can probably tell we had a great start to our week.

As always, thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your week!

                                                                Pam





   

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful birthday card Pam! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I like the postage stamp edging. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on then die, I had a go at this recently and it does take time to get your head around it but you rocked it. Thanks for joining Uniko

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect for the sketch, inlaid die cutting is definitely like a puzzle and yours is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! Thanks for joining the Uniko Studio Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like your take on the sketch. Perfectly clean and simple. Thanks so much for playing along with Uniko Studio Challenge!

    ReplyDelete