Friday, March 6, 2015

Playing with Distress

I spent part of today playing wth Disress Inks. They are by far my favorite inks for techniques. There are so many ways to use them.



My first card is a simple one layer card. I used Cracked Pistachio DI over the Simon Says Stamp Diagonal Stripes stencil for my background. Then a used the negative piece of the Simon Says Stamp Big Hello die to sponge hello over the stripes. I was surprised that it worked so well. This will be entered into the One Layer Simplicity #14 Challenge which is Words, Words, Words. I will also enter this into Simon Says Stamp Flickr #14 - one layer card.


For my next card I added the Hello negative piece I had sponged through to a card base with fun foam. Another happy surprise because I liked this card, too. I added three sequins for embellishment. I am entering this into the Happy Little Campers March CAS Challenge which is sponging.


Next I decided to stamp with distress inks. I recieved my latest order from Simon Says Stamp the other day and it included the new Simon Says Artful Flowers stamp set. The outine stamps were stamped with Versafine Onyz Black ink. Then I stamped the coordinating solid images with Mustard Seed DI. I cut the panel in half and adhered it to a yellow card base, leaving an open space in which to stamp the sentiment from the same set. I will include this card in the current Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge, which is Clean and Simple.


My last card is made using one of my favorite techniques -wrinkle free distress. This technique is so fun and you never know how it will turn out. I swiped three distress inks onto my craft mat - Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers and Cracked Pistachio.  The inks were misted with water from a Ranger Mister Bottle. Then the fun part - I pressed Tim Holtz Watercolor CS into the inks to pick up the color.  I used a heat gun to dry it and pressed it into the inks again, allowing the inks to drip before drying. The large sentiment is from  Mama Elephant's Make a Wish stamp set. I will enter this into Addicted to CAS Challenge #58 - Distress.






Thanks for stopping by to see what I created playing with distress. Enjoy your day!

                                                                        Pam

12 comments:

  1. I love playing with my Distress Inks, too - thanks for sharing your card at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four wonderful cards, each one showcasing your skills with distress inks. Alas, I'm not having much luck with them, but...I still keep trying. One of these days I'll figure them out! Your flowers are ever so pretty! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful collection of cards Pam. Love how you've used the distress inks in different ways. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers and ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the DI skills here, Pam! I love them all, but especially the result of the last one! It's always fun because you never know what you're going to get!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty Pam! Love all the colorful inky designs! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards Pam...distressing is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely collection of cards, Pam. Fabulous inking and stamping. Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful selection of cards, Pam! I love them all but that last one has the most beautiful background for that big, beautiful sentiment! So glad you shared this with us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many beautiful cards Pam! Hard to choose a favorite! Thanks for playng with us over at addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE these cards. The sponging is amazing and I love that big hello. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers, ATCAS and ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That hello die is fabulous, and I love the fun energy of both your hello cards! Great work on all four cards! Thanks for sharing the first one with the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge!

    ReplyDelete