Saturday, April 11, 2015

Forever & Always

Hello. We have sunshine in Central New York! It's still pretty chilly, but the sun is shining and beautiful. The forecast for Monday is for around 70 degrees, just in time to go back to school.


Today I spent a few hours making some cards. This is what I finally came up with for the current challenge at Time Out. The super talented Kim, of Art Keeps Me Sane, created a card and our challenge was to CASE it and put our own twist on it. Here's Kim's  fabulous card - 


Stunning, isn't it? This may just be the hardest card I've ever cased. I wanted to keep the black card, because I've never made one before. I tried white ink, white embossing, gold ink with clear embossing, nothing looked good. 

Finally, I decided to try gold embossing powder. I used the SSS Forever & Always stamp set that came in one of their card kits last year. (Their kits are worth checking into, by the way.) Versamark was used to stamp the flowers along the top and side, three leaves and the sentiment. I then heat embossed with Stampendous Gold Tinsel Embossing Powder. That gold is very shiny and I loved the contrast with the black CS. 

I matted the embossed panel with DCWV Glitzy Glitter paper and then added it to a black card base. I'm fairly happy with how this turned out. Happy enough that this didn't get tossed like the others. 

You can see how the DT cased Kim's card and the fabulous entries at Time Out Challenge #28

Tomorrow I'll be attending a Bridal Show with my niece and my sister. The big day is in August of 2016 and will be here before we know it. My niece is coming over early to help me with the baby shower invitations for another niece. Babies and weddings ... I suddenly feel very old.

Thanks for visiting and enjoy the remainder of your weekend.

                                                                Pam







11 comments:

  1. Beautiful -- gold on black - Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gold embossing powder really worked out well, it looks fab against the black, so pleased you didn't give up. Thanks for joining us at TO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how dramatically pretty this card is Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so striking Pam and I love the gold mat that really sets it off!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so striking Pam and I love the gold mat that really sets it off!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want you to edit your post and use that thingie in the tool bar in compose to cross out the word "fairly" and next to it type the word "very!" You should be VERY happy with how this one turned out, Pam! It's just stunning and a wonderful CASE of Kim's card!! Enjoy that heavenly warm weather today!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous embossing, it's a beautiful card.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  8. All that shimmery gold is to elegant against the black. Great stamping job Pam! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow ... so dramatic and striking, Pam ... the shimmery gold embossing is stunning against the black ... just gorgeous! Hope that sun's still shining! So pleased to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Black and gold, with these images, results in one elegant, classy card, Pam! And I agree with Darnell...your card is VERY fabulous! Hope the bridal shower was fun, and making baby shower invitations..wonderful!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that gols looks so elegant! Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

    ReplyDelete