Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Hello Spring

Hello. Today I'm sharing a card from one of the backgrounds I made last week during my crafty play date with my friend, Rosalie. We're both really loving watercoloring these days.


This was a simple watercolor wash with distress inks. The twist here is I dabbed  some liquid masking fluid on the paper before watercoloring. Once the paper dried, I rubbed off the masking fluid and was left with the lovely random white spots. The flower is from the Tim Holtz Flower Garden stamp set and the sentiment is from the SSS Flower Friend set. 

 I just got the newly released Whimsy Stamps Hand Stitched Rectngles Dies and I love them! I used the largest, which is A2 card size, to die cut the panel and then adhered it to my card base. Those wavy stitches look like my sewing. It's never straight.

I'm entering this into Time Out Challenge #51 which is Easter and/or Spring with the optional technique twist of masking. I sure do love twisting!


Have a lovely day! Enjoy!  

                                                               
                                                                 Pam

7 comments:

  1. Love the background. I hadn't thought of using masking fluid like this before but what a cool look it gives. Thanks for joining TO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool way to use the masking fluid. The colors are so soft and lovely and that wonky stitching looks like mine too. LOL Hugs my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely background, Pam ... such great use of masking fluid ... and delicious, soft and subtle colours ... so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love watercoulering and this one is such a beautiful one! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful background you made. And your slender flower really shows it off so nicely. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a pretty background Pam, I've been using up some of my backgrounds I have made from 'playdays' too! Have a great weekend! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  7. A pretty, delicate background for your lovely flower! I've given up on water-colour (no point in carrying on creating epic failures and feeling stressed), so I'm especially enjoying your success! One incredibly dazzling card...
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete